Reggae By The River Survival Guide!
Reggae By The River is the hottest event in Northland this summer. Here are all the details you need to ensure your day is primo!
MAKE SURE YOU HAVE A TICKET!
We still have some tickets for sale but they going FAST! Grab a ticket the following ways:
2. Purchase hard tickets via our Official Sellers:
– JR Hogan 021 067 5866
– The Pioneer Tavern, Skippers Lane, Waipapa
– Collards Sports Bar, Kaitaia
– The Sound Lounge, Kerikeri Road
DON’T MISS YOUR FAVOURITE BAND!
Here is the schedule for the day, thats a meaty line-up right there!
GRAB THE UB40 EXPRESS!
There is very limited parking available at the UB40 concert at Waitangi. The easiest and safest way to get to and from the festival is to get a return bus ticket. Plus no-one has to be the designated driver, bonus!
Book your preferred departure location and time by going to the MY TICKETS section of www.theticketfairy.com and choose one of your tickets to add the bus too.
Alternatively head into The Pioneer in Waipapa, Collards in Kaitaia or the Klondike in Moerewa or Kawakawa to book your seat on their buses.
All buses return to that pick-up point after the concert.
Festival Gates Open 4.30pm
Concert Ends 10.30pm
- Buses will depart from the various locations at different times, please note your departure time and be there a few minutes early. Buses will not wait!
- Just show your ticket or give the bus driver your name, you will be given a BUS WRISTBAND. Don’t take this off as this covers your return journey. No wristband, no ride.
- All buses will drop off near the Entry Gates to the Festival
- Buses will depart 30minutes after the conclusion of the concert (or earlier if all passengers are accounted for) and will return to the same pick-up points
- For the safety and comfort of all passengers, no food or alcohol is permitted on the buses at any time.
UB40 EXPRESS BUS ROUTES
Kerikeri Return Bus – $15pp return
Subway, Cobham Road, Kerikeri CBD
Waipapa Return Bus – $15pp return
The Pioneer Bar, 1 Skippers Lane, Waipapa
Moerewa Return Bus – $15pp return
Departs Moerewa 3.45pm
Klondike Tavern, Main Road, Moerewa
Kawakawa Return Bus – $15pp return
Klondike Tavern, Gillies Ave, Kawakawa
Kaikohe Return Bus – $15pp return
Mangakahia Road, Kaikohe Bus Company
Kaitaia Return Bus – $20pp return
Collards Sports Bar, Cnr Sh 1 & Whangatane Dr, Kaitaia
Taipa Return Bus – $20pp return
Taipa Tavern, Taipa Point Rd, Taipa
Mangonui Return Bus – $20pp return
Mangonui Hotel, Waterfront Drive, Mangonui
Paihia Shuttle – $5pp return
The Maritime Building, Marsden Road, Paihia Waterfront
Whangarei Return Bus – $25pp return
Departs 3.00pm Otaika Information Centre
Departs 3.10pm Kensington Stadium (North side of Car Park)
Departs 3.15pm Kamo (Oasis Cleaning)
Parking is available at the Waitangi Sports Fields opposite the Copthorne, towards the river before the concert entry. This will have a $10.00 Fee and a first in first serve policy! Parking opens at 3.30pm.
Alternatively we have a PARK AND RIDE service from Bledisloe Domain for the overflow. This costs $10 to park and the return shuttle and will be available from 4pm. This is a great option to avoid the traffic queues at the end of the night!
WHAT TO BRING / NOT BRING
- Foldable chairs are allowed but please respect those around you. You are at a concert and people will want to get up and dance and may block your view. If you are confined to a chair please contact us as we will have a designated area for those unable to stand.
- Food & beverages are available for sale for all tastes and budgets. You may bring snacks such as cheese and crackers, homemade sandwiches but no commercial food please (Pizza, McDonalds).
- Only sealed water or empty water bottles are permitted. You may refill bottles free of charge on site. A couple of cans (2 per person) of soft drink is permissible but no large plastic bottles.
- No glass permitted on site.
- No BYO alcohol is permitted
- Chilly bins, cooler bags, picnic baskets, rugs, blankets, beach / picnic chairs are all permitted
- No tables, gazebos, couches are permitted (yes, we have seen a couch try to come through the gate!)
- Umbrellas are permitted but must not be erected during artist stage performances.
- Concert management retain the right to inspect all items brought into the venue including Chilly Bins, baskets and bags, patrons will not be permitted entry with prohibited items.
- Please keep others in mind when securing your spot, do not block others view
- Festival Merchandise, including hats and t-shirts will be available for purchase
- Parking is available at the Waitangi Sports Fields opposite the Copthorne, towards the river before the concert entry. This will have a $10.00 Fee and a first in first serve policy! Parking opens at 3.30pm.
- Shuttles are available at 5pm from the Maritime Building, Paihia and for one hour after the concert. Cost $5 return
- The show will go on if it rains. The show will only be abandoned if conditions are deemed dangerous. Refunds will only be available at the point of purchase if a show is abandoned or cancelled.
- A cashless system (AWOP) will be operating at this event. All patrons will receive a card. This can be loaded using Cash, Eftpos or Credit Card at the various stations within the venue. Bars, food stalls and merchandise will only accept AWOP.
- Occasionally changes to the line-up or program times occur that are out of the promoters control. No refund will be offered in these circumstances.
CONDITIONS OF ENTRY
- STRICTLY NO PASS OUTS. This is a condition of the liquor license. Once you enter the festival grounds you cannot leave and then re-enter.
- If you are holding a ticket purchased through an unauthorised seller you will be refused entry eg: Viagogo
- Any ticket holder under the age of 18 must be accompanied by an adult. Anyone 14 years old and over must hold a full price ticket. Please bring ID.
- This is an all ages event. Children under 14 years old are free. One free child per paying adult. Additional children $25 at gate for General Admission and $50 for VIP
- Proof of age may be required as a condition of entry.
- Management reserves the right to refuse admission or to eject a ticket holder for behaviour likely to cause damage, injury, nuisance or annoyance or for failure to comply with reasonable requests.
- No animals (except guide dogs) allowed.